This is my recipe for avocado crostini or avocado bruschetta; it is made with toasted or grilled garlic bread, avocado, onions, hot peppers, lime, olive oil, and cilantro. Have I mentioned before how much I love avocados? I could easily add avocados to breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. I would even trade dessert for a perfectly ripe avocado sprinkled with salt and lime juice. One of my favorite ways to add avocado deliciousness to most meals is by serving a chunky avocado salsa as a side or topping.
Recipe for avocado crostini, a delicious avocado salsa bruschetta served over garlic crostini or toasted garlic bread slices.
- Slices of bread
- 1-2 garlic cloves – optional
- Olive oil for brushing – if needed
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 hot (or mild) peppers, seeded and deveined, finely diced – adjust to taste
- Juice from 2 limes
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs finely chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Use an indoor grill (the Panini style ones are perfect) to grill or toast the bread. You can also use an outdoor grill, griddle pan or a frying pan (very lightly greased with butter or olive oil).
- Rub the grilled or toasted bread slices with the garlic clove, this is optional – but highly recommended if you’re a garlic lover.
- Save the crostini bread slices until ready to use.
- Sprinkle the onion slices with salt and rinse well with cold water.
- Combine the avocado, onion, hot peppers, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and salt in a bowl and mix well, chill until ready to use.
- Place a generous amount of the avocado bruschetta salsa on top of each piece of crostini or toast. Serve and enjoy!
Avocado on toasted bread is one of my all-time favorite snacks. I usually just smear crushed avocado onto a piece a bread, add some salt and done. This time I used my avocado salsa as a bruschetta or crostini topping over grilled garlic bread. It was heaven! This avocado crostini is super easy to make and makes a great snack or appetizer. Both the grilled crostini and the avocado bruschetta salsa can be made ahead of time or right before serving.
Step by step preparation photos for chunky avocado salsa