This refreshing mango passion fruit smoothie recipe, also known as batido de mango y maracuya, is made with fresh mango slices, passion fruit juice, lime, sugar or honey, and ice.
I recently prepared some mango passion fruit margaritas for the adults and wanted to have an alternative for the kids and those who don’t drink alcohol. Fresh fruit smoothies, known as batidos in Ecuador and Latin America, are very popular in our family – especially when the weather starts to warm up. Batidos can be made with fruit + water or also with fruit + milk or yogurt.Jump to Recipe
Personally I tend to prefer to use water for batidos made with tropical and tart fruits, but feel free to adjust the recipe and use milk or plain yogurt in place of the water when preparing this mango passion fruit smoothie.
My 7 year old is currently obsessed with mangoes; he wants them for breakfast, afternoon snack, dessert, etc. Unlike myself, he isn’t a huge fan of passion fruit on its own, but he loves it when it’s mixed with other fruits, like in this mango passion fruit smoothie.
I highly recommend using fresh mangoes to prepare this batido, they are easy to find and taste so much better than anything canned. For the passion fruit portion, you can use fresh ones if they are readily available, or also the frozen concentrate packs – as a last resort you can also use regular store bought passion fruit juice.
Mango passion fruit smoothie or batido de mango y maracuya
- 10 to 12 ounces of fresh mango slices from about 2-3 smaller mangoes or 1 large mango
- 1 ½ cup passion fruit concentrate or pulp unsweetened (use frozen packs if you don’t have access to fresh passion fruits)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice from about 3-4 limes
- 1 to 1 ½ cups of water adjust based on how thick you want the smoothie – can also replace with milk or yogurt based on your preference
- ¼ to ½ cup sugar honey or sweetener – adjust based on natural sweetness of mangoes and your personal preference
- Ice as needed
- Slices of lime and/or fresh passion fruit pulp
- Place the mango slices, passion fruit concentrate, lime juice, water and sugar in a blender. Mix until smooth.
- For a slushy o frozen treat consistency add ice and crush until smooth.
- Serve the passion fruit mango smoothies garnished with lime slices.