This recipe for a homemade creamy avocado salad dressing is made with ripe avocado, cilantro leaves, lime juice, olive oil, and hot peppers for a spicy version or green bell pepper for a non-spicy variation. This easy avocado salad dressing can be made in the blender or in a small food processor. It can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to use.
It works as a great dressing for salads with crunchy veggies (carrots/radishes/cucumbers/jicama) and also for salads with shrimp or chicken. I’ve also used this creamy avocado dressing as alternative to mayonnaise for pasta salads or potato salads – try it in this ensalada rusa potato salad. It can also be used as a spread for sandwiches, a topping for tacos, or even as a quick avocado dipping sauce for chips.
Creamy avocado salad dressing made with ripe avocado, cilantro, lime, olive oil, and hot peppers for a spicy version or green bell pepper for a non-spicy variation.
- ½ large avocado or 1 small avocado, cut in half and pitted
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice from 2 limes, about ¼ cup
- 1-2 jalapeño or serrano peppers, seeds and veins removed – replace with green bell pepper for a non-spicy variation
- A handful of cilantro leaves, add more to taste
- Salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients for the creamy avocado dressing in a small food processor or blender.
- Blend until the ingredients are well combined and you have a smooth dressing, taste and adjust the amount of salt/lime based on your preference. Save refrigerated until ready to use.
Step by step preparation photos for creamy avocado salad dressing recipe: