This savory avocado sorbet is made with ripe avocados, cucumber, cilantro, and limes. This refreshing savory sorbet can be served as a garnish or topping for cold soups (like gazpacho). It also works great as garnish for oysters on the half shell or to serve with a cold shrimp or seafood platter. For those who love to add avocado to your shrimp cocktail, I highly recommend trying this sorbet in place of diced avocado. The avocado cucumber sorbet can also be served as a small appetizer on its own, just add a piece of poached lobster, shrimp, or crab. It can also be served as a palate cleanser in between courses.
Easy recipe for a refreshing savory avocado sorbet, made with ripe avocado, cucumber, limes, and cilantro. Add jalapeños for a spicy twist.
- 2 avocados
- 2 cucumbers, peeled or not
- ½ bunch of cilantro
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeded and deveined, optional
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor, blend until smooth, then taste and adjust salt/seasonings to taste.
- If using an ice cream maker, add the avocado sorbet mix and prepare according the machine’s instructions.
- Transfer the sorbet to a container and freeze for an hour or two before serving.
- To prepare it without an ice cream machine, pour the blended mix into a freezer friendly container and freeze for about an hour or two. The avocado mix should be almost frozen, but not completely. Use an electric mixer, blender or food processor - make sure it can candle frozen mixes before using - to mix it until smooth. Return the avocado mix to the freezer and repeat again in a few hours. For an avocado cucumber granita, use a fork to mix it up, repeat the process every couple of hours for a few times.
You can make the avocado cucumber sorbet using an ice cream maker if you have one. If you don’t you can also freeze the blended avocado mix directly and then use a fork or a mixer to soften it up a few times. I’ve made this avocado sorbet with and without jalapeños; I like it both ways and really depends on how you are going to serve it and your heat level preference.
Preparation photos for savory avocado cucumber sorbet