This spicy avocado and cilantro mayonnaise sauce is perfect as an empanada dipping sauce. I made it to serve with these Louisiana inspired langostino and Andouille sausage empanadas. The avocado mayo sauce very easy to make: just combine everything in a mini-food processor or blender. This avocado dipping sauce is made with ripe avocado, cilantro, mayonnaise, lime, garlic, and Tabasco Green Jalapeño sauce. You can adjust the amount of hot sauce based on your preference, but the Tabasco Jalapeño sauce is very mild, so it works even for those who don’t like their sauce too spicy. Also, you can easily replace the mayonnaise with sour cream or yogurt if you prefer.
Recipe for a spicy avocado and cilantro mayonnaise sauce or dip, made with ripe avocado, cilantro, mayonnaise, lime, garlic, and Tabasco Green Jalapeño sauce.
- ~1/2 cup mayonnaise, can also use sour cream or yogurt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, leaves only and lightly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2-3 tablespoons of Tabasco Green Jalapeño sauce, adjust more or less depending on your spice level preference
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a small food processor or blender, you can start with a small amount of the Tabasco Green Jalapeño sauce and then add more after blending.
- Blend or mix until you have a smooth sauce. Taste and adjust the amount of hot sauce as desired.
- The sauce can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to serve.
Preparation photos for avocado and cilantro mayonnaise dipping sauce
*Disclosure: Thanks to Tabasco for sponsoring this post. All photos, recipes, opinions, and ideas are 100% my own.