This delicious colorful mango salsa can be eaten with chips as an appetizer. Mango salsa also makes a great side or topping for meat, poultry and seafood dishes – especially during the summer for grilled dishes. You can make the mango salsa ahead of time and keep it refrigerated until ready to use.
Delicious and colorful mango salsa recipe made with ripe mangoes, red onion, orange bell pepper, red Fresno chilies, cilantro, and lime
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 firm mangoes
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 4 red Fresno chilies
- 2 tbs finely chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp cumin
- Dice the red onion very finely and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of salt, let rest for about 10 minutes
- Peel the mangoes and dice the flesh into small pieces
- Dice the bell pepper very finely
- Dice the hot peppers or chilies very finely. I removed the seeds and membranes to make the salsa mild since the kids love it, but if you would like it spicier the you can leave the seeds/membranes.You can also use a spicier hot pepper such as serranos or habaneros.
- Rinse the onions with water
- Mix all the ingredients together, taste and adjust seasoning/salt as needed. For the best taste, refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.