This delicious colorful mango salsa can be eaten with chips as an appetizer. Mango salsa also makes a great side or topping for meat, poultry and seafood dishes – especially during the summer for grilled dishes. You can make the mango salsa ahead of time and keep it refrigerated until ready to use.
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 firm mangoes
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 4 red Fresno chilies
- 2 tbs finely chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp cumin
- Dice the red onion very finely and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of salt, let rest for about 10 minutes
- Peel the mangoes and dice the flesh into small pieces
- Dice the bell pepper very finely
- Dice the hot peppers or chilies very finely. I removed the seeds and membranes to make the salsa mild since the kids love it, but if you would like it spicier the you can leave the seeds/membranes.You can also use a spicier hot pepper such as serranos or habaneros.
- Rinse the onions with water
- Mix all the ingredients together, taste and adjust seasoning/salt as needed. For the best taste, refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.