Easy homemade recipe for strawberry infused tequila with easy instructions on how to prepare your own homemade strawberry infused tequila.
Making your own strawberry infused tequila (or any other alcohol) is very easy and simply requires a little bit of patience, as in a few days of waiting for the flavors of the fruit to infuse the alcohol. The strawberry infused tequila can be used as a base for cocktails, like this strawberry margarita, or it can also be sipped on as is. And yes, if you’re at the stage of life where you can still handle shots, it makes for great shots.
I used sliced strawberries to make this infused tequila, but you can also use whole strawberries – the alcohol is strong enough to suck out all the strawberry essence. The process of making strawberry infused tequila is similar to a fun science experiment – for adults. You will see how the color and flavor of the tequila changes from one day to another. I let the tequila infuse for 3 days, but it could also be ready to go in just 2 days. You can taste it after day 2 and decide if it needs another day or if you’re satisfied with the taste.
Strawberry infused tequila
- 1 lb of strawberries washed and hulled
- 1 liter ~4 cups of tequila
- Cut the strawberries into slices, you can also cut them in quarters or halves.
- Place the strawberries in a large glass jar, that has a tight lid, and pour the tequila over the strawberries.
- Close the jar and let the strawberries infuse the tequila for about 3 days. You can check the taste on day 2 and see if it needs more time.
- Once the tequila has the desired strawberry flavor, strain and remove the strawberries (discard them). Pour the tequila into an empty glass bottle and use as in cocktails or for sipping/shots.