This easy and simple refreshing mango lemonade or limeade is made with ripe mangoes, lemon or lime juice, sugar/honey, water, and ice. You can use either lemons or limes depending on your preference, or a mix of both. I am a citrus fan and used a decent amount for this drink, but you can adjust based on the amount of lemons/limes you have on hand. My husband could easily drink this without any added sugar, but I do like a little bit of sweetness so I add sugar or honey – the honey works great with the mango and citrus. I recommend adding some sugar/honey while blending the drink, then taste and adjust to your taste.
Easy and simple recipe for a refreshing homemade mango lemonade or limeade made with ripe mangoes, lemon or lime juice, sugar/honey, water, and ice.
- 14-16 ounces of mango pulp or chunks, from about 3 mangos (I used Champagne mangos)
- 1 cup of lemon or lime juice, from about 4 large lemons or 8-10 limes
- ½ cup sugar, add more or less to taste – can also use honey
- 4 cups of cold water, still or sparkling – add more if desired
- Ice to taste
- Mint or other fresh herbs
- Slices of lime or lemon
- Place the mango chunks with the lemon or lime juice, sugar or honey, 2 cups of water and a few ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend until you have a smooth mix, strain if desired (optional).
- Mix in the rest of the water. Taste and add additional sugar/honey if desired.
- Serve over ice cubes and garnish with fresh mint and a slice of lemon or lime.
Also, to stretch this mango lemonade into a large amount, you can add additional water (and sugar/honey to taste) and make it more of a mango lime agua fresca style drink. You can also use regular still water or use sparkling soda water for an effervescent variation. This mango limeade can also easily be turned into a cocktail, just add some vodka or gin for a hard lemonade drink, or use it as margarita mix and add some tequila/triple sec, or add some crushed mint leaves and rum for a quick mango mojito.
Step by step photos for mango lemonade or limeade: