This cilantro jalapeño yogurt sauce or dip is very easy to make and has plain yogurt, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño peppers, green onions, lime juice, and salt. Homemade dips and sauce taste so good, are simple to make, and can be customized based on your personal tastes or what’s in the fridge. I made this sauce to serve with tuna fish empanadas, but it’s also great with a veggie plate, crackers, chips, and more.
Quick recipe for a homemade cilantro jalapeño yogurt sauce or dip. Can be used as a dip for veggies, crackers, chips, empanadas, and more.
- 1 cup plain yogurt, about 8 ounces
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds and veins removed, adjust to taste
- 2-3 scallions or green onion stalks
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Place the chopped cilantro, jalapeño peppers, garlic, green onions, and lime juice in a small food processor or blender. Pulse until the ingredients are crushed.
- Add the yogurt and mix until you have smooth sauce. Add salt to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
Step by step preparation photos for the cilantro jalapeño yogurt sauce or dip