Pasta or spaghetti with spicy avocado sauce
Pasta or spaghetti with a spicy avocado sauce made with ripe avocados, roasted hatch green chiles, tomatillos, roasted garlic, cilantro, and olive oil. Topped with crumbled queso freso and green onions.
Servings 8 to 10 servings
For the spicy avocado sauce:
- 12 roasted New Mexico hatch chile peppers roasted and peeled (can also use Anaheim peppers, poblano peppers, or regular bell peppers for a non-spicy variation)
- 10 tomatillos ~1 lb, roasted or grilled
- 1-2 heads of garlic roasted or grilled
- 2-3 green onions
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- 2 small limes juiced
- Salt to taste
For the avocado pastas:
- 2 lbs of spaghetti or your choice of pastas cooked according to package instructions or your preference
- Crumbled queso fresco or cotija cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Additional diced or sliced avocado optional
- Cilantro leaves
Combine all the ingredients for the spicy avocado sauce in the blender.
Blend until you have a smooth sauce.
The sauce can be served immediately or refrigerated until needed. Stir and let it return to room temperature when serving.
Cook the spaghetti or pastas according to package instructions, drain, and place in a large bowl.
Add the spicy avocado sauce and mix well. Serve the avocado pastas with crumbled queso fresco, chopped green onions, cilantro leaves, and diced avocado.