Crab salad stuffed avocados
Crab salad stuffed avocados prepared by filling ripe avocados with a salad of crab, red onion, bell pepper, cucumber, radishes, lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro.
Servings 8 to 10 as an appetizer or 4-5 servings as an entree salad
For the crab salad:
- 1 pound of cooked crab meat
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- ½ red bell pepper finely diced
- ½ green bell pepper finely diced
- ½ cucumber finely diced
- 4 radishes finely diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the stuffed avocados:
- 4-5 ripe but firm avocados
- ½ lime
- Lettuce or salad greens cilantro leaves, chopped green onions or chives, radishes
To prepare the crab salad:
Mix the cooked crab meat with diced onions, diced bell peppers, diced cucumbers, diced radish, lime juice, olive oil, chopped cilantro, and salt/pepper. The salad can be prepared in advance and kept refrigerated until just ready to assemble the avocados.
To prepare the crab stuffed avocados:
Cut the avocados in half, remove the seeds and peel the avocados. Sprinkle each avocado half with a little lime (or lemon) juice to prevent the avocados from browning too quickly.
Fill the center of the avocados halves with the crab salad. Serve the crab stuffed avocados over lettuce leaves and garnished with chopped chives (or green onions) and radishes.