Chicken salad with balsamic cilantro dressing
Recipe for a quick and tasty homemade chicken salad with mixed greens, avocado, tomato, cucumber, onions and balsamic cilantro dressing - a great way to use chicken leftovers for a delicious lunch salad.
Servings 1 to 2 as a starter salad, for 1 person as main entrée salad
For the balsamic cilantro dressing:
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar adjust based on your preference
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil adjust based on your preference
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the chicken salad:
- ~2 cups of your choice of mixed salad greens
- ½ avocado diced or sliced
- 5-6 grape or cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- A few slices of red onion
- 5-6 slices of cucumber
- ½ cup shredded cooked chicken
- A few coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
To prepare the salad dressing, place the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk lightly. Can be made ahead of time, refrigerate until ready to use.
To prepare the salad, arrange the mixed salad greens on a large plate, add the diced avocado, tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, shredded chicken, and the chopped cilantro.
Pour the balsamic cilantro dressing over the salad, toss and serve immediately.