Spicy orange and pomegranate salsa
Spicy pomegranate salsa made with pomegranate arils, orange, onion, cilantro, hot pepper, lime juice, orange juice, cumin seeds, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds or arils from ½ large pomegranate
- 3 oranges peeled and cut into supreme style segments (all the skin/pith/membranes/seeds removed), plus any remaining juice
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 serrano peppers seeded and membranes removed, finely diced – replace with jalapeños for a milder version or with sweet peppers for a non-spicy variations
- ½ onion finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds toasted
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine the pomegranate arils, orange segments, any juice squeezed from the orange membranes, lime juice, diced onion, cilantro, serrano peppers, cumin seeds, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
Mix the ingredients for the pomegranate salsa, taste, and adjust seasonings if needed.
Let the salsa rest refrigerated for about 30 minutes or until ready to use.