Vodka mint lemonade or limeade
Easy recipe for vodka mint lemonade or limeade, this refreshing summer cocktail is made with limes or lemons, fresh mint, sugar or honey, water, ice and vodka to taste.
Servings 8 to 10 drinks
- 4 limes or lemons quartered and any seeds removed
- Leaves from 1 medium sized bunch of mint
- 8 cups of cold water
- ½ - ¾ cup honey or sugar more or less to taste
- 8 to 16 ounces vodka about 1 to 2 cups, more or less to taste
- Ice cubes
- Lime or lemon slices to garnish
Place the quartered limes or lemons in the blender with 2 cups of water, sugar or honey, some ice, and half of the mint leaves.
Blend until the limes or lemons are crushed, the mixture should be slightly foamy with a whitish color.
Strain the lemonade and add the remaining 6 cups of water.
Stir in the vodka or allow guests to add the vodka according to their preference
Serve with ice and garnished with the remaining mint leaves and lime slices.