Shrimp salad with cilantro mayonnaise
Easy shrimp salad recipe made with cooked shrimp, red onion, radish, bell pepper, egg, celery, and cilantro mayonnaise.
Servings 4 portions
- 1 lb medium sized cooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ medium red onion diced finely
- 2 radishes diced finely
- 2 celery stalks diced finely
- ½ red or green bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs chopped
- 4 tablespoons homemade cilantro mayonnaise or regular mayonnaise mixed with chopped cilantro and crushed garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeds and veins removed, finely diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- Salt to taste
In a salad bowl, combine the cooked shrimp (whole or cut in half) with the diced red onions, radishes, bell pepper, celery, eggs, lime juice, cilantro mayonnaise, and salt to taste. For a spicy touch add diced jalapenos or hot peppers to taste.
This shrimp salad can be served immediately, but for best results I recommend letting it sit in the fridge for an hour or two before serving.