Simple and delicious guacamole recipe made with avocados, lime, onion, serrano peppers, cilantro, and lime. Add tomatoes if desired
Servings 2 to 2 1/2 cups of guacamole
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2-1 lime - adjust to taste
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 2 finely chopped serrano peppers deveined and seeded - can also use jalapeños or your choice of spicy peppers - omit if you don't want a spicy guacamole
- 1-2 garlic cloves crushed (optional)
- 2 tbs finely chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Optional – 1-2 tomatoes diced
Slice the avocados lengthwise and remove the seeds.
Use a spoon to remove the avocado flesh, place it in a large bowl, drizzle the lime juice on top, and mash the avocados until pureed, I like to leave a few small chunks to give it some consistency.
Add the diced onion, peppers, crushed garlic, chopped cilantro, tomatoes (if using) and salt to taste, mix well and serve immediately as a dip with chips or a side dish.