This is my easy and quick homemade strawberry lemonade recipe, it is made in the blender using lemons (skin and all), strawberries and honey. You can easily replace lemons with limes for strawberry limeade. One of things that my kids love about summer is lemonade. As soon as the weather starts to get warm enough to wear t-shirts and shorts, I start getting requests for lemonade, especially in the afternoons after school or summer camp. I have quick and efficient way to making lemonade or limeade: instead of squeezing a bunch of lemons or limes, I just blend a couple of them with water and sugar, strain and done, freshly made lemonade or limeade in minutes. Late spring and summer also mean strawberries, which my boys are also crazy about, so we made some homemade strawberry lemonade using my blender method.
Easy and quick homemade strawberry lemonade recipe, made in the blender using lemons, strawberries and honey. Replace lemons with limes for strawberry limeade.
- 1 ¼ lb strawberries, washed & cut in halves, about 4 cups
- 2 lemons, washed and quartered (use limes to make strawberry limeade)
- ~ ½- ¾ cup honey or sugar to taste, adjust based on your preference and sweetness of strawberries
- 6 cups of water
- Strawberry slices, lemon slices and/or fresh herbs (mint, lemon verbena, lemon balm, basil)
- Blend the strawberries, lemons and honey with 2 cups of water
- Strain the strawberry lemon mix, add the additional 4 cups of water through the strainer
- Taste and add additional honey/sugar if needed
- Serve cold over ice and garnished with strawberry slices, lemon slices and herbs
- First blend only the strawberries with the honey and 1 cup of water. You don’t need to strain this, it’s better to keep all the strawberries goodness. Then place the blended strawberries mix in a pitcher.
- Then in the same blender, you don’t need to wash or rinse it, blend the quartered lemons with the 1-2 cups of water.
- Strain the lemon mix into the pitcher, mix well and add the rest of the water. Taste and adjust sweetness level if needed.
- Serve as indicated above.
For a refreshing summer cocktail, add your choice of alcohol. You can use vodka, tequila, rum and even cachaça – for a quick strawberry caipirihna. You can also mix the strained mixed with white wine or sparkling wine, instead of the additional 4 cups of water, for delicious strawberry sangria.
As I mentioned in the original recipe for limonada, this is the quickest way – and most efficient since you only use a couple of lemons – to make lemonade, however since you are blending entire lemons or limes, it does have a stronger taste than lemonade or limeade made by squeezing the citrus. Most people like the taste, but some find it too bitter. Lemonade made this way also needs to be consumed the same day as the bitterness increases with time – this part never seems to be a problem around here as it is usually gone within minutes of making it.
I used honey for this strawberry lemonade, I love the soft taste that the honey has and it goes really well with strawberries and lemons. You can use honey, sugar or your choice of sweetener. My husband actually likes it even without adding any sugar to it; the strawberries have a natural sweetness. When I make it sugarless it’s like a tasty strawberry lemon water. You can also replace the lemons with limes to make strawberry limeade.
This strawberry lemonade can also easily be turned into a refreshing summer cocktail, just add your choice of alcohol. I’ve turned this drink into a cocktail using vodka, tequila, rum and even cachaça – for a quick strawberry caipirihna. You can also mix the strained mixed with white wine or sparkling wine, instead of the additional 4 cups of water, for delicious strawberry sangria.